Inclusive Youth Leadersm is an Erasmus+ project coordinated by Autonomia Descoberta NGO, Portugal.
The project aims to involve and empower organizations to increase their abilities in the field of non-formal education and inclusive activities in the area of youth work.
The project will be the result of a local partnership with a school which is a reference in the area of inclusive education for young people with special needs.
The main objectives of “Inclusive Youth Leaders”:
- Facilitate the attainment of knowledge, skills and attitudes in the framework of non-formal education;
- Increase quality and quantity of projects using non-formal education approach;
- Boost non-formal education reputation and sensitize about its value and Impact;
- Capacitate youth leaders, youth workers and educators to better deliver inclusive activities for participants with special needs and disabilities;
- Empower the creation of new projects and new training opportunities within the Erasmus+ programme, using non-formal education to young people with special needs and disabilities.
This training aims to equip participants (youth workers, educators, volunteers in the youth field, youth leaders on Youth Exchanges) with the competences necessary to work with young people and people with special needs in international activities.
The project will be able to influence the educational process happening, all around through diverse youth, social and communitarian organizations.
Moreover the development of new projects as a result will stimulate the development of new inclusive learning initiatives.
At another level, this project will be based on the active learning. The participants will have the opportunity to contact with and share experiences and practices in the field of non-formal education. They will learn about non-formal learning by practicing it during the training course. The course will underline the principles of non-formal learning in youth exchanges and local activities with space to share and acquire skills, focus on the facilitation of activities to empower youth.
The training will give to the participants the skills and competences to work with a wide range of targets, including young people with different special needs.
Non-formal learning is a vital and fundamental educational methodology and tool that can facilitate skills acquisition of young people with fewer opportunities. These skills include social and civic competences, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression etc. This, in turn, enables them to actively participate in civic and cultural life and increase their employability by giving them confidence and traversal skills.
During the activities there will be created a time and place to debate, analyze and work on new steps and levels of youth work, towards to make it more understandable, clear and inclusive. Work in new approaches to certain situations through exchange of good practices and learn from others experience, will help to clarify the way of non-formal education in the frame of youth work and promote activities for participants with diverse special needs and disabilities.
The training is adapted to participants who:
- Are working with young people and want to improve their competencies to better work on international level;
- Young people that want to be youth leaders on youth exchanges;
- Young people and youth workers that want to improve their knowledge on the contents of Erasmus+ program;
- Have or are developing skills of non-formal education;
- Have motivation and interest in the themes of the project;
- Are motivated to undergo training and able to attend the course for its full duration; – Have a multiplying effect;
- Are willing to carry on the follow up activities developed during the course;
- Are supported by the partner organization in their current and future work.
BEJA looks like this…
The training course will take place at the Hotel Francis – Beja.