When: October 6-14, 2017
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017
“All inclusive – Applying Artistic Theatre Methods in Youth Work with Handicapped or Disadvantaged Youth” is a youth exchange inside the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union. The project intends to deliver a model for future school-focused activities of our partners. Participating teamers of the youth exchange will learn to design own workshops. They will learn to implement their knowledge as facilitators under the guidance of experienced theatre trainers and put a theatre play on stage with an international youth group that is consisting of impaired and non-impaired youth. Participating youth will learn body oriented and artistic theatre methods, while also finding new ways of expressing themselves, becoming more self-confident and comfortable in their bodies. Main objective is for the participating youth to discover a new level of cooperation and mutual understanding of disadvantaged and non-impaired youth and new forms of communication in a joint activity. The project approaches also the inclusion of non-foreign-language speakers. Participants will organise and perform their own play based on the novel “Animal Farm” of George Orwell using self-designed materials and multi-lingual approaches. Participating organisations on the other side are planning to promote this model of theatre techniques to implement further projects of theatre plays in cooperation with other institutions in their countries.
Profile of the participants: Young people, age 18-30 (5 participants), age 18+ (1 youth leader) should be:
- Romanian citizens or legal residents;
- Are committed to change something in their community/society;
- Have empathy and understanding for their disabled peers;
- Are ready to get in touch with people representing other cultures, to learn and to share;
- Can communicate and intend to further develop their language skills in a foreign language, i.e. English, which is the official language of the project;
- Willing to disseminate the results in their organisations, on their own/organisation’s webpage, on their Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter and/or Instagram;
- Committed to participate to the whole youth exchange, October 6-14, 2017.
The venue – Ključ, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Ključ is a small town and municipality by the same name in western Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is located in the bosniak-croatian Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, specifically the Una-Sana Canton. The name of the municipality translates to “key”, which remembered his military and economic position in medieval times. Ključ is located south from Sanski Most and Banja Luka in the north. In the city are living 7.000 inhabitants.
In case you would like to apply, please fill out the application form below:
For further information, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com